[IPOL discuss] author feedback 2011

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Dec 12 11:31:42 CET 2011

Hi all,

We did a suvey over the IPOL authors a few days ago. The results are
attached to this message. My conclusions from this survey are:

* the IPOL software requirements are not a serious obstacle for
  publication among the current authors;
* more work is needed to publish in IPOL than to publish elsewhere,
  mainly for the software part, but this doesn't affect the author's
  overall satisfaction;
* the priority must be a reform of the edition/submission process to
  accept LaTeX input and abandon the wiki-like model, but publishing
  the articles in PDF is not enough;
* IPOL needs to be actively inserted in academic publication
  databases.

Thanks to all those who answered.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/