[IPOL discuss] Access to stat on total number of demo archive

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Apr 17 03:29:03 CEST 2014

> Following the Miguel suggestions, I construct a simple first test here:
> https://github.com/kerautret/ipol_webservice
>
> You can test it on the geometry server, but it could probably be working in
> the main sever with all demos:
> http://ipol-geometry.loria.fr/~kerautre/webservice?demo=67

Good way to start something! I sent you a github pull request with
some proposed changes
(https://github.com/kerautret/ipol_webservice/pull/1) but this is
mostly for the sake of playing with this code, I understand it's a
simple example.

I think this could be build into the demo service; is there a reason
to prefer two different codes?

Build into the demo systrem, it could be, for example, some python code
in an /api subfolder of the base demo folder mounted by cherrypy as
/api when the demo service starts. We could gradually expand this code
to collect multiple info about the demos, then act on the demo
(send/get data, run, etc).

It could be better to call the demo.app objects from these api methods
to avoid duplicate information, but this is an implementation
detail. And there should probably be an api version number, to allow
evolutions without damaging the past. Simply /api/v1/... is enough.

--
Nicolas LIMARE
http://nicolas.limare.net/                         pgp:0xFA423F4F