[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: Comparing Interactive Image Segmentation Models under Different Clicking Procedures

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Fri Jan 19 09:53:32 CET 2024

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2024/498/

Franco Marchesoni-Acland,
Comparing Interactive Image Segmentation Models under Different Clicking
Procedures,
Image Processing On Line, 14 (2024), pp. 14–24.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2024.498

Abstract
Interactive image segmentation (IIS) methods are usually evaluated in
terms of segmentation performance vs.\ number of clicks (NoC). However,
the automatic evaluation depends on a clicking procedure and its
relation to the procedure used for training. In this work we compare
qualitatively and quantitatively two state-of-the-art IIS methods that
report the best performances but have not been compared against each
other. We show i) what method is better, ii) that the performance is
sensitive to clicking procedures, iii) what method is more robust to
clicking procedures, and iv) that training with a specific clicking
procedure does not guarantee the best performance using it.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/