[IPOL announce] new article: Digital Level Layers for Digital Curve Decomposition and Vectorization

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Fri Aug 1 00:34:07 CEST 2014

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2014/67/

Laurent Provot, Yan Gerard, and Fabien Feschet,
Digital Level Layers for Digital Curve Decomposition and Vectorization,
Image Processing On Line, 4 (2014), pp. 169–186.
http://dx.doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2014.67

Abstract
The purpose of this paper is to present Digital Level Layers and show
the motivations for working with such analytical primitives in the
framework of Digital Geometry. We first compare their properties to
morphological and topological counterparts, and then we explain how to
recognize them and use them to decompose or vectorize digital curves and
contours.