[IPOL announce] new article: A Line Search Multilevel Truncated Newton Algorithm for Computing the Optical Flow

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Fri Jun 19 11:40:43 CEST 2015

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2015/112/

Lluís Garrido, and El Mostafa Kalmoun,
A Line Search Multilevel Truncated Newton Algorithm for Computing the
Optical Flow,
Image Processing On Line, 5 (2015), pp. 124–138.
http://dx.doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2015.112

Abstract
We describe the implementation details and give the experimental results
of three optimization algorithms for dense optical flow computation. In
particular, using a line search strategy, we evaluate the performance of
the unilevel truncated Newton method (LSTN), a multiresolution truncated
Newton (MR/LSTN) and a full multigrid truncated Newton (FMG/LSTN). We
use three image sequences and four models of optical flow for
performance evaluation. The FMG/LSTN algorithm is shown to lead to
better optical flow estimation with less computational work than both
the LSTN and MR/LSTN algorithms.