[IPOL announce] new article: An Affine Invariant Patch Similarity

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Mon Dec 24 19:41:16 CET 2018

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2018/202/

Vadim Fedorov, and Coloma Ballester,
An Affine Invariant Patch Similarity,
Image Processing On Line, 8 (2018), pp. 490–513.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2018.202

Abstract
Image and video comparison is often approached by comparing patches of
visual information. In this work we present a detailed description and
implementation of an affine invariant patch similarity measure that
performs an appropriate patch comparison by automatically and
intrinsically adapting the size and shape of the patches. We also
describe the complete implementation of the proposed iterative algorithm
for computation of those shape-adaptive patches around each point in the
image domain.