[IPOL announce] new article: Extended Exposure Fusion

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Sun Dec 29 16:00:58 CET 2019

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2019/278/

Charles Hessel,
Extended Exposure Fusion,
Image Processing On Line, 9 (2019), pp. 453–468.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2019.278

Abstract
Extended Exposure Fusion (EEF) is a high dynamic range imaging
technique. It was recently proposed as an improvement of an earlier
technique called Exposure Fusion (EF), itself widely used thanks to its
very good results. But EF has two well-known artifacts: an out-of-range
artifact and a low-frequency halo. The extended version solves them, and
delivers fused results with enhanced contrast everywhere in the image.
We give in this paper a precise description, analysis and implementation
of the extended exposure fusion. We notably verify that the artifacts
are removed and that the local contrast is improved compared to the
original exposure fusion.