[IPOL discuss] question about libraries

Juan Cardelino juanc at fing.edu.uy
Thu Sep 23 10:16:42 CEST 2010

I'm diving into IPOL, cleaning up the code, which luckly doesn't
depend on many libraries. So far, I'm using imagemagick and GSL.
Regarding image magick, It could be easily replaced, but I'm more
worried about GSL. I'm sure many authors will need statistical
functions, and GSL provides them (among other many things); and it is
well documented, well supported and has stable implementations. I've
been using this library without any compiling problems for years.
Could you guys discuss among you if it makes sense to include it?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
                   Juan