[IPOL discuss] Patents and IPOL code

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Fri Apr 15 08:56:18 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 01:32:14PM +0200, Jean-Michel Morel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I agree with the proposal but propose several small amendments in
> the terms for the following reason.

I transfered this amended proposal to the wiki:
http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/author/code/copyright_and_patents/

I think it can now be proposed to the scientific committee.

PS: I also found these references about software patents; they are
    written by people opposing such patents, but provide lots of
    informations aobout the current patent situation in Europe:
    * Software Patents by Ciaran O'Riordan
      http://ciaran.compsoc.com/software-patents.html
    * the software patents wiki
      http://en.swpat.org/
    * positions on european software patents by the Foundation for a Free
      Information Infrastructure and Free Software Foundation Europe
      http://eupat.ffii.org/
      http://fsfe.org/projects/swpat/

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/