[IPOL discuss] io_png release 0.20110825

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Aug 25 15:27:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just released an updated version of io_png, with these changes:
* precise sRGB->gray conversion coefficients and rounding
* fix setjmp/longjmp compiler incompatibility error (thanks Julie digne)
* better build tests
* use libpng 1.5.4 in static builds

This code is available in the wiki[1], and the full history and
details are in the git repository[2]. Moreover, after our recent
discussions on RGB/gray and the follow-up on the libpng mailing-list,
the RGB coefficients have been carefully checked and rounding may be
used in the library instead of truncation[3].

[1] http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/author/code/tools/
[2] http://dev.ipol.im/git/?p=nil/io_png.git
[3] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27995353

The next release will probably come with an API change (different
function names and syntax) in order to handle 16bit images and prepare
for a better gamma management.

As usual, I'm interested in any remarks and bug reports, even compiler
warnings.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/