[IPOL discuss] Software Guidelines 1.00 ready

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sun Dec 4 08:25:05 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your collaboration, we now have a final version 1.00 of the
Software Guidelines. I moved everything to a new address, in a locked
wiki page, and moved the drafts and the previous "copyright and patent
policy" into an archive page.

-> http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/ref/software_guidelines/

Once approved by the IPOL board and committee, they will become the
official IPOL guidelines and the IPOL website will be updated. I
suggest that next, some article guidelines are also written, to
explain what has to be written in an IPOL article and how; this should
be done after the future form of the articles is decided (TeX?
HTML/PDF?).

Changes since draft 3 of the guidelines
* PNM (PBM, PGM, PPM) images allowed
* text format mentioned for data other than images and meshes
* a few style and typo corrections

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/