[IPOL discuss] Eigen, once again...

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Fri Dec 16 14:10:28 CET 2011

> For clang, they claim it is supported from version 2.8.

My clang is 2.7, and may have an incomplete C++ implementation. And I
can not exclude at 100% the possibility that I missed something when
installing suncc. For me, the most disturbing is the failure on `cmake;
make buildtests` on the latest release with gcc, which is the default
Debian gcc, correctly installed and configured.

Maybe the problem with this version is only with the buildtests. And I
see that the non-standard parts of Eigen can be disabled[*].

I will raise the issue on the eigen mailing-list and keep you informed.

[*] «Whenever we use some non-standard feature, that is optional and can
    be disabled.»
    http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page#Compiler_support

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/