[IPOL discuss] Fwd: "Time out"

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Feb 7 10:10:16 CET 2011

Dear IPOL-ers,

I translate hereafter a message from Jean-Michel; I think the answers
can be useful to everyone.

We frequently habe "time out" on our demos. I suppose that many will
be fixed with the more powerful server, but however, I think that
users are not properly informed.

Once a demo is launched, in addition to the small spinning top, there
should de a message such as: "In case this execution takes more than
60 seconds, it will be interrupted"

And the window that appears in case of time out with "Error 504: Gateway
Timeout. This part of IPOL Is Temporary unavailable ... " is
inaccurate since this is generally interrupted by time out and not a
server error.

So in this case could we send a better message like:
"Sorry, the execution of the algorithm on your data was taking more
than 60 seconds, and has therefore be automatically interrupted.
Please, try again with smaller or less complex data."

----- Forwarded message from Jean-Michel Morel <Jean-Michel.Morel at cmla.ens-cachan.fr> -----