[IPOL discuss] screen size/resolution vs. text and image size

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Feb 24 08:14:06 CET 2011

> To overcome the problem of high-resolution screens, I tried an
> alternative configuration. Now the font size for all IPOL and the size
> of the thumbnails for the archive indexes are specified in "physical
> measures", ie cm instead of pixels.
>
> [...]
>
> Now I would like to know more about your IPOL user experience:
> * What is your screen size (width and height, in cm please)
>   and definition (width and height in pixels)
> * How large usually is your browser window? full screen, half, ...
> * What do you think of the [text and image] size in the [algo and
>   demo] pages?

From the few answers I received, our screen resolutions are between 30
and 50 pixels per cm. The new sizes were correct but teh text size
could be reduced in the archive indexes.

I did a last correction:
* the general font size is 0.375cm
* in the archive indexes, the font size is 0.32cm
* the archive thumbnails are 3x3cm, expanded to 5x5cm when the pointer
  is over them, and use a 256x256px image (previously 128x128),
  resized by the browser

--
Nicolas LIMARE
http://nicolas.limare.net/                         pgp:0xFA423F4F