[IPOL discuss] Vector graphics on IPOL: which format to use?

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:50:45 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I tried some browsers in mac:
*Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1): shows everything.
*Chrome 12.0.742.112: shows everything but the embedded pdf.
*Firefox 4.0: has problems with the embedded PDF and the PDF object.
In addition, when using objects, I've noticed that depending on your
screen size and the zoom level, the image is shown complete or just
partially with sliders.

Regarding the choice, I think we should use something that has some
future. And SVG is the way to go. Old browsers will disappear sooner
or later, maybe we could just add a fallback option for that browsers.
Is this possible?

Best regards,
                Juan