[IPOL discuss] IEEE floating point images

Jerome Darbon darbon at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Jun 1 15:06:56 CEST 2011

Hi,
     I'd like to save and read images that have IEEE single floating
point values through IPOL.

I am using the reading and writing functions ("write_tiff_f32()")
provided by IPOL. Does anyone if it is fine ?

Also, I understand that using "1x8i" or "3x8i" for "input_dtype" in
app.py corresponds to using 8-bit gray-scale or 3x8-bit color images.
Does that
mean that all images are converted to 8-bit-kind images?

Does anyone have a simple solution?

Regards,
jerome