[IPOL discuss] publishing a new demo

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Mar 29 05:05:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

> The demo is finished, and can be found online at the server of my lab:
> http://iie.fing.edu.uy/ipol/demo_psf_estim/ (see footnote).
> In addition, the web page is also ready with examples, links to the
> demo and the code.

The demo name should match the main webpage; you need to:
* change the demo folder name to admm_non_blind_psf_estimation/
* change the demo title to "Non-parametric sub-pixel local point spread function estimation"

> As it is the first demo I'm assisting, I have some doubts about how to
> go on with the process. I already tested the demo code, so I was
> thinking about reviewing the web page and then sending it to Nicolás
> to publish as a workshop. After it is submitted as a workshop I was
> planning to start reviewing the code.

You assisted Mauricio with the creation of the demo, and that's the
main part of the editors' job. You can also suggest him some
improvements in his web page and souce code, but you don't have to
review it. The IPOL review is managed by someone from the scientific
committee[1], chosen by our editor-in-chief. Your edition work will be
credited in the article with an "Edited by ..." line. The review work
will be credited with a "Communicated by ..." line. See ASIFT[2] for
an example.

[1]http://www.ipol.im/meta/board/
[2]http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/my_affine_sift/

> However, I'm not sure if the review of the web page is my
> responsibility or should the scientific committee do the task?
> As soon as you tell me something I can send you the demo to upload
> to IPOL.

So, if you (Mauricio and you) consider the article/code/demo are OK,
the next steps are:

* Send your demo to tech at ipol.im. Just send an archive of your demo
  folder. It will first be installed on the demotest server, and can
  also be installed on the public demo server. But this public demo
  server must be stable and won't be updated frequently.
* You can ask for the article to be immediatly publicly accessible as
  a workshop. Being publicly accessible before any review is a
  privilege for partner labs, other articles must wait until the first
  review step.
* Tell the editor-in-chief that your article is ready to be
  reviewed. Someone from the scientific committee will choose 3
  reviewers who will first confirm that this article is worth being
  published (first step), and then will check the algorithm
  description and implementation.

Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/