[IPOL discuss] automatic compilation on diferent platforms

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:30:13 CET 2011

Dear all,
           I've been making some tests with automatic compilation on
different platforms. I used the open source testing server Cdash,
which is used by many big projects, like ITK, VTK and many more. As
far as I know, there is another option called dart, which I didn't
test yet.
To simplify the process, I used the free cdash hosting provided by
Kitware inc. However, Cdash can be downloaded and installed in our
servers if we want. In addition, they provide inexpensive paid hosting
for larger projects.
The setup required to get a very basic project running, is web based
and was really easy to do.
I've documented this experience in the form of a small tutorial. You
can find it in the wiki:
http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/author/code/using_cmake/
Look for a Cdash section at the end of the page.
I must say that I don't have a deep understanding of this tool, just
spent some hours playing with it, but so far it seems very promising.

In addition, we will be adding some CPack examples in the wiki,
explaining automatic packaging with Cmake.

Best regards,
                  Juan