[IPOL discuss] licensing question

Bradley Chambers brad.chambers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:08:02 CET 2011

I just found IPOL today, and I'm impressed by both the approach and
the involvement of the community.

I'm wondering if anyone can expand on why the group chose to allow
commercial use of the software (depending on the license of course),
but not the algorithm description document. From a legal perspective,
is there an incompatibility here? What happens if I modify the code
for commercial use and need to provide documentation? Is the answer
simply to write your own algorithm description and provide proper
citation?

Brad