[IPOL discuss] small compilation error in LSD code (ubuntu 11.10)

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Nov 16 13:22:27 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:38:36PM +0100, Pascal Monasse wrote:
> Me too. Switching to gcc 4.6 opened Pandora's box, with lots of bugs. I know
> also this is for my own good, but this is not very pleasant when it
> happens...

Does gcc 4.6 give more errors and warnings than the previous version
and warnings when called with
    -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -Werror
or is the difference only in the default set of errors and warnings
reported in basic compilation (without standard and warning option)?

Next (masochistic) test: compile with different compilers, such as icc
(gcc-compatible front-end), suncc (completely different compiler),
msvc...

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/