[IPOL discuss] Anonymous demos?

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Mar 8 15:58:03 CET 2012

> If I put a demo on my user account at the dev server,
> it is easy to know it is me. We could create an anonymous
> user for this, but someone should verify that it is really
> anonymous.

Do they allow you to submit the code? Do they verify that your name is
nowhere in the code and there is no way to identify you from the
code?

> However, IPOL could create and make public a way of building
> anonymous demos, and in that case it may start to be authorised at
> conferences.

Demos will never be really anonymous, IPOL admins will always need to
know who put this code online (legal responsibility of the internet
publisher / hosting provider). What IPOL could do is act as a proxy
and provide a service where IPOL guarantees that the author name is
not publicly available.

In the (veeery) long term, the correct solution would be that every
editor and conference manager has its own service with online demos in
addition to a code and data repository.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/