[IPOL discuss] video in supplementary materials

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sun Oct 28 12:57:16 CET 2012

> I changed a server setting (the content-type), I think it fixed the
> problem with Firefox (at least it works now with Firefox 10). It may
> also fix it for Android devices, but I can't check as I don't own one.

With this last change:
- It works well with Firefox.
- It works well with Chromium.
- It still works with my Android phone. It goes fullscreen, however.
- With the tablet, it doesn't show well. The video now starts, but it
shows in a very reduced area near the leftmost upper corner of the
player are.

Nicolas, if you're interested, you can test the player behavior using
the Android emulator that comes with the Android SDK by Google. You
can create virtual machines with different CPU and display resolutions.
I've done it and it doesn't work: it just seem to start the video, but
then it finishes.