[IPOL discuss] OpenCV and IPOL

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Aug 21 09:03:45 CEST 2013

Quoting Pascal Getreuer <Pascal.Getreuer at cmla.ens-cachan.fr>:
> Hi Javier,
>
> The Software Guidelines has a section on external dependencies
> (perhaps you have seen it already):
> https://tools.ipol.im/wiki/ref/software_guidelines/#external-libraries
>
> Basically, only the libraries libtiff, libpng, libjpeg, zlib, fftw,
> cblas, and clapack are allowed. If you feel very strongly about
> another library, you can request that it be considered.
>
> Would you describe more specifically what you want to do? We may be
> able to point you to something.
>
> Best,
> Pascal

Actually, the IPOL staff (tech and editors) has gained a vast
experience on the technical details and the best programming
techniques. What I mean, is that we can effectively guide the author
throughout the development stage.

In the case of Javier, I think it'd be good to discuss the details of
the algorithm that is to be implemented. As Pascal said, we can accept
new libraries  and new techniques if they're needed.

In any case, the IPOL staff is really enthusiastic and absolutely
prone to help authors on new submissions.

Best,
Miguel