[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: An Analysis and Improvement of the BLS-GSM Denoising Method

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Fri Apr 4 10:13:41 CEST 2014

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2014/86/

Boshra Rajaei, An Analysis and Improvement of the BLS-GSM Denoising
Method, Image Processing On Line, 4 (2014), pp. 44–70.
http://dx.doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2014.86

Abstract
Modeling image properties using Gaussian scale mixture (GSM) model in a
multiresolution transform space is the basic idea of a denoising
algorithm proposed by Portilla et al. Under this model and using the
correlations between pyramid coefficients, the Bayesian least squares
(BLS) of each coefficient is used to estimate its original value. In
this article, we analyze and discuss the BLS-GSM algorithm, its
drawbacks and benefits in more detail. An analytical parameter study of
this denoising approach is provided as well. Additionally, we propose a
localized version of this algorithm and experimentally show that it
outperforms the original method both numerically and visually. We also
show that the resulting method is state-of-the-art in terms of PSNR.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/