[IPOL discuss] Pb with doubly gzipped file in the demo

Julie Digne julie.digne at liris.cnrs.fr
Wed Apr 16 14:32:04 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I came accross a strange problem while setting up my demo on purple:

The python script creates a gzip file of the result output.ply.gz
The "result" page offers to download the file:

  Download the mesh result <a href = "${app.work_url + 'output.ply.gz'}"
download>output.ply.gz</a>

But the dowloaded file is corrupted (I double checked that the original
output.ply.gz on the server is perfectly sound):
actually it is *doubly* compressed. If I download it and gunzip twice I
get the initial proper file.

A quick search indicates that it comes from the apache server:
http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/32107/sitemap-file-getting-double-compressed

and the solution would be to modify the httpd.conf entry.

Note:
If instead of downloading the gz file I offer to download the
uncompressed output.ply, it works fine:
Download the mesh result <a href = "${app.work_url + 'output.ply.gz'}"
download>output.ply</a>

Can someone help me fix that or should I just use zip instead of gzip?

Thanks
Julie

Julie Digne
Chargée de Recherche - CNRS
LIRIS-Géomod, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1
Bâtiment Nautibus
8, Bd Niels Bohr
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex
Tel : (+33) (0)4 72 43 14 34