[IPOL discuss] Users can delete their own experiments in the archive

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Aug 13 12:33:02 CEST 2014

Dear all,
now and them we receive emails of users that want to remove
experiments from the IPOL demo archives. For example, because they
uploaded images of private documents or pictures of themselves and
they didn't know that this information is archived.

Since now, the only way to remove this content from the archive was to
send an email to the IPOL tech staff and ask for the content removal.

I've made a modification of the demo system that allows that users
remove from the archive their own experiments.

Now, when entering the archive and looking at the details of any
experiment (clicking over the key in the listing), a new button to
remove the experiment will appear if:
- The experiment was performed by that user.
- The experiment was archived at maximum 24 hours before.

Since we are receiving lots of emails from users asking for removals,
I think it's important to implement this feature since it's a service
that seems to be really needed and wanted.

Best,
Miguel