[IPOL discuss] file exploited in template html page

Bertrand Kerautret bertrand.kerautret at univ-lorraine.fr
Tue Feb 25 15:01:57 CET 2014

Le 25/02/2014 14:50, Miguel Colom a écrit :
> Quoting Enric Meinhardt-Llopis <enric.meinhardt at cmla.ens-cachan.fr>:
>> An appropriate place for storing static images is the demo "input"
>> directory.
>>
>> The "input" directory exists and it is already readable by the web
>> server at an absolute and known location (for example, it stores the
>> thumbnails of the images shown in the input page).  See:
>>
>> http://demo.ipol.im/demo/90/input/.__192x192__IMG_0181.png
>
> I agree, but the "input" directory name suggests that it's only for images.
> Adding there .js scripts and other kind of files would be confusing.

Yes but if I am not wrong it implies some edits with cherrypy since by
default we can access to the other file of this directory (the original
source images).

> Adding a new http://demo.ipol.im/demo/90/static/file.png wouldn't be too
> difficult, I think.
Yes perhaps not very difficult. Depending of the answer of @Tech team
let me know if you think that I can help to do it. Perhaps following the
same process than input with a basic static/index.cfg.
Bertrand