[IPOL discuss] Suggested changes in Submission Procedure/Author Manual

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Jul 4 15:22:18 CEST 2017

Sorry for so many emails on the same subject, but it turns out that we
have wrong or misleading information along many of our IPOL pages.

For example, in the Frequently Asked Questions, we have things like:

"Why can a MATLAB code not be published in IPOL?" --> We're explicitly
claiming that the authors can't use MATLAB, which is false!

"Moreover, supporting MATLAB would require to adapt the IPOL Software
Guidelines and expand the current demo system to support such
implementations, and IPOL cureently doesn'have the workforce for these
tasks." --> Again, this is false. The Software Guidelines need anyway
to be fixed, and the demo system supports MATLAB (the new and the old
ones).

"I only work with Windows (resp. Linux), I don't think Linux (resp.
Windows) compatibility is important." --> This is irrelevant and
confusing here. We ask for the minimal requirement that the code
compiles and works in Debian Stable, but we won't make any comments if
it works/don't work in any of the thousands of other systems out there.

Miguel