[IPOL discuss] Demo system source code released

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Nov 6 15:05:40 CET 2017

Dear all,

We're glad to announce that we've released the working source code of
the whole demo system under a free-software AGPL license.

The system is under very active development, improvement, and
refactoring, but it's stable enough to publicly release its sources.
Its git repository is here: https://github.com/mcolom/ipolDevel

About the documentation, you'll find in the repository some reference
manuals on the system architecture, system administration, and also
the specification of the DDL. About the DDL, we're changing the syntax
of some parts, and thus it's better that you simply follow the
"copy-paste" from other working demos instead of following a
documentation which can change at any moment. Once the documentation
is stable, we'll release it as several PDF files.

Technically, the demo system itself is a flexible distributed system
made of isolated micro-service units which communicate through HTTP.
The web interface is made with JS with AJAX techniques, and the
Control Panel is a small Django application.

Best,
Miguel