[IPOL discuss] libconfig

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sat Mar 31 17:44:23 CEST 2018

Quoting Mariano Rodríguez <rdguez.mariano at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> I have proposed to the IPOL team to install the libconfig package (which is
> on all repos) and they have accepted. If anyone is against it, please state
> your reasons or otherwise the IPOL team will proceed to the installation of
> it.

Dear Mariano,

The libconfig library has been installed in all our servers.

As a reminder, let me explain how the installation of libraries upon
request works in IPOL:

- Anyone can ask the installation of a library if it's needed for a
particular demo and it's deemed useful for others.

- The IPOL team studies the request and they will accept or reject its
installation. The reason why a particular library might be rejected
includes that it might not be mature enough, that it's not part of
Debian Stable, or that there are better alternatives.

- Note that the fact that a library is available for the demos doesn't
mean necessarily that it's automatically accepted for publications.
It's always OK for a workshop, but any new library needs to be
accepted by the IPOL Editorial Board before it's used in a
publication. It's the duty of the editor in charge of an article to
check that the submitted code is only using libraries accepted in IPOL.

- Both MATLAB and Octave are accepted in IPOL. If you need a
particular toolbox which is not available in MATLAB, you can request
it. At that moment, it'll be a system administration task and it's up
to the IPOL sysadmins to decide if the toolbox can be installed or
not, and it's the decision of the Editorial Board to accept it for
publications. And again, it's the duty of the editor in charge of an
article to check that the submitted code is only using toolboxes
accepted in IPOL.

Best,
Miguel