[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: An Analysis and Implementation of the Harris Corner Detector

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Wed Oct 3 12:43:58 CEST 2018

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2018/229/

Javier Sánchez, Nelson Monzón, and Agustín Salgado,
An Analysis and Implementation of the Harris Corner Detector,
Image Processing On Line, 8 (2018), pp. 305–328.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2018.229

Abstract
In this work, we present an implementation and thorough study of the
Harris corner detector. This feature detector relies on the analysis of
the eigenvalues of the autocorrelation matrix. The algorithm comprises
seven steps, including several measures for the classification of
corners, a generic non-maximum suppression method for selecting interest
points, and the possibility to obtain the corners position with subpixel
accuracy. We study each step in detail and propose several alternatives
for improving the precision and speed. The experiments analyze the
repeatability rate of the detector using different types of transformations.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/