[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: Detection and Interpretation of Change in Registered Satellite Image Time Series

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Wed Dec 28 22:08:59 CET 2022

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2022/416/

Tristan Dagobert, Rafael Grompone von Gioi, Carlo de Franchis, and
Charles Hessel,
Detection and Interpretation of Change in Registered Satellite Image
Time Series,
Image Processing On Line, 12 (2022), pp. 625–651.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2022.416

Abstract
Time series of satellite images are now massively available thanks to
the existence of several constellations of recurrent satellites. We
propose a method for detecting and measuring the duration of changes on
such series. This approach is intended to be generic and independent of
the type of satellite used, whether band limited or multispectral. It is
based on a global analysis of the sequence. The statistical detection
method is applied to a residual sequence computed from backward and
forward novelty filters applied to all images in the series. Significant
changes are computed with a guarantee on their number of false alarms
(NFA). To establish the efficiency of the method, we have created an
open database of 28 sequences of 20 images acquired by the Sentinel-2
satellite, in different regions of the world. We obtain satisfactory
results, which are consistent with the visual observations.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/