[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: DeOldify: A Review and Implementation of an Automatic Colorization Method

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Mon Sep 5 10:06:10 CEST 2022

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2022/403/

Antoine Salmona, Lucía Bouza, and Julie Delon,
DeOldify: A Review and Implementation of an Automatic Colorization Method,
Image Processing On Line, 12 (2022), pp. 347–368.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2022.403

Abstract
DeOldify is a recent automatic colorization method based on
Convolutional Neural Networks which yields impressive results. The
method was initially created by Jason Antic with the support of the
Californian start-up Fast.ai and thus does not come from the academic
research world. The goal of this paper is twofold. First we propose a
rigorous mathematical presentation of the method along with a critical
analysis of its different steps. Second, we provide an open-source
implementation of a simplified but effective version of the approach,
based on Pytorch and without dependence on the Fast.ai framework.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/