[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: Dehazing with Dark Channel Prior: Analysis and Implementation

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Sun Jun 23 13:59:09 CEST 2024

A new article is available in IPOL: https://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2024/530/

Jose-Luis Lisani, and Charles Hessel,
Dehazing with Dark Channel Prior: Analysis and Implementation,
Image Processing On Line, 14 (2024), pp. 173–193.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2024.530

Abstract
In outdoor scenes, atmospheric absortion and scattering attenuate the
radiance received by the camera and may produce haze. In 2009 He et al.
proposed a simple but effective dehazing algorithm based on a hypothesis
called the 'dark channel prior' (DCP). Based on this prior several other
dehazing methods have been published in recent years. In this paper we
review the original algorithm by He et al, together with some posterior
improvements proposed by the same and other authors. We also analyze the
effect of the parameters on the results and we study a variant of the
method proposed by Drews et al. for the analysis of haze in underwater
images.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/