[IPOL discuss] a logo for IPOL

José Luis Lisani joseluis.lisani at uib.es
Wed Oct 13 11:56:57 CEST 2010

  Hi all,

just to add a little bit of confusion to the logo discussion
I've surfed the web on search of IPOL logos (google images: IPOL).
There are many of them (summarized in the attached pdf).

Personally I like the ones from IPolPeru, ipol.fr (similar to IPad logo),
Balkan policy institute (simple but direct) and Institut fur
Produktions-Organization und Logistik
(direct but more stylish than the previous one).

I even dare to propose my own logo!!

I agree with Agustin that the logo should reflect the essence of the
journal but
above any consideration it must be lisible and recognizable by the
community.
This is why I  think it should be as simple as possible: just the word
IPOL and maybe
some simple geometrical figure (a cube in my proposal).

José Luis