[IPOL discuss] run your demos on the dev server

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Apr 13 19:24:45 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The setup and documentation is now ready. You can run your demos
yourself on the development server. I already do it:
http://dev.ipol.im/~nil/ipol_demo/ (user:demo pass:demo)

The complete manual:
http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/editor/demo/run_on_dev_server/

You need an account on this machine
  -> what? how? see http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/www/dev.ipol.im/

You need the demo code
   -> no more http://demotest.ipol.im/dl
   -> the code repository is here: http://dev.ipol.im/git/?p=nil/ipol_demo.git
   -> how to get this code? tar/gz snapshots or with git, it is
      detailed in the manual
   -> the name of the code repository changed a little since last
       week, sorry for the inconvenience

demotest.ipol.im will be closed
   -> the demos will be available as http://dev.ipol.im/~user/someting
   -> list on http://dev.ipol.im/
   -> new user/password: demo/demo

This version of the manual doesn't use git to update the demo. I
thought it would help newcomers without any git experience. I tried to
use the the manual after writing it, it seems to work. Please try it
too and tell me if something is wrong and unclear.

Jose-Luis, Pascal M: the demo update method changed; please setup your
demos using this new method, and I will close your demotest
instances. Use these port numbers: Jose-Luis: 8085, Pascal: 8086

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/