[IPOL discuss] run your demos on the dev server

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Apr 20 18:04:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Thanks for the demo documentation
>    http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/editor/demo/run_on_dev_server/

Jose-Luis found a bug: You should not upload your local binaries to
the server (32 bit binaries won't run, there will may be library
inconsistencies, ...).
To fix it the rsync comand must be modified to exclude the app/*/bin
folders. Unfortunately I won't have time to correct the documentation
soon, but it should not be very complex (and anyone can edit this
wiki).

> What is the procedure for moving a demo from dev.ipol to the public
> www.ipol?

For the moment, for this last step, it's still manual, send me the
demo folder... I have to find a semi-automated way to do it, but a
manual review is still usefull because tis code becomes public and
used by everyone. I want to implement it with git, but I'm still
juggling with 3 different code versions as a side-effect of the server
migration. I think I will catch up after the week-end.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/