[IPOL discuss] BM3D ready in dev. server

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Fri Apr 29 12:19:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

> the BM3D demo is now ready in the dev. server. You can use it and report
> errors if you find any.
>
> The URL of the demo is:
> http://dev.ipol.im/~colom/ipol_demo/bm3d/

I noticed that this demo handles the image cropping with the wait()
method. I think it would be better to reserve the "standard" methods
(index(), input(), wait(), run(), result()) for their standard uses,
and add extra methods for things specific to a demo. For example, the
color cube demo[1] uses a rectangle() method to crop the input image.

[1]http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/blm_color_dimensional_filtering

Moreover, I intend to gather statistics from the demos, and it's
important to know the meaning of each page (and method) name to get
consistent statistics and understand their meanings. A hit on
http://www.ipol.im/pub/demo/xxx/wait means that the execution of a
demo has been started. A hit on http://www.ipol.im/pub/demo/xxx/result
means that the execution of a demo succeeded. Using wait() for other
things will lead to wrong statistics.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/