[IPOL discuss] Typographic problem

Daniel Kondermann daniel.kondermann at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Aug 2 14:36:10 CEST 2011

Am 02.08.2011 12:38, schrieb Jean-Michel Morel:

> 2-Back to .tex + .pdf. My proposition would be to furnish like other
> journals (simple) style files in .tex to authors. They would retain most
> form features of the current web pages, but would of course lose some
> functionality. That's as it is!

For me this makes a lot of sense. Plus:
- Scientists are used to read PDFs and feel more "scientific" while
doing so.
- The webpage would not at all be disrupted except that the article
itself is now pdf
- there could even be an online pdf-viewer as e.g. is the case at Springer.
- PDF neatly integrates into OJS.

Best,
Daniel