[IPOL discuss] Typographic problem

Miguel Colom Miguel.Colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Aug 2 19:49:43 CEST 2011

> 2-Back to .tex + .pdf. My proposition would be to furnish like other
> journals (simple) style files in .tex to authors. They would retain most
> form features of the current web pages, but would of course lose some
> functionality. That's as it is!

For me this option makes sense, specially if we take into account that
IPOL articles aren't modified once they're accepted, with the exception
perhaps of erratas.

In a normal Wiki (Wikipedia, for example), the contents are updated every
second and there's no other option than using a interface that allows them
writing in some tagged code that is automatically rendered into a HTML
page.

The IPOL case is just the inverse. The articles must be review and once
accepted they're freezed, so there's no need, in my opinion, to keep or
force using a dynamic editor.

Best,
Miguel