[IPOL discuss] Typographic problem

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:19:51 CEST 2011

I mostly agree with everything that has been said. At the moment the
wiki is more a problem than a solution for the author, and I think we
need to urgently diminish the workload involved in preparing a demo.
Having said that, I still think that native web content is a good
option, better than pdf.
For me the ideal solution will be something that accepts a .tex as
input and renders a web page and a pdf.
Web content will be easy for a quick read, maybe while trying the
demo; and pdf will be nice for people reading it in-depth, maybe in a
printed form.
I'm not sure if there is a good solution for this, I'm only aware of
the good old latex2html.
The rest of the solutions I know are partial, like mediawiki for
instance, which has a better latex support than ikiwiki, but you still
need to input the formulas in special tags.
The alignment has its problems too in mediawiki, see this page I wrote:
http://iie.fing.edu.uy/rs/wiki/PaperReviews
After writing this, I found this post, which solves this using pandoc:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2029270/convert-latex-to-mediawiki-syntax
I will provide an example and let you know how it goes.