[IPOL discuss] publishing a new demo (abmh_real_time_morphological_snakes_algorithm)

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 22:57:15 CEST 2011

Hello Agustín,
                    In the previous version of this demo there was a
legend explaining each curve, with the colors. Is there any reason to
drop that?
In addition, I have some minor remarks:
1) when using this on a netbook (1024x600), I need to scroll down to
mark the first point because the image doesn't fit in the screen.
That's not a problem, but when I mark the second, the page reloads and
I need to scroll down again. So for each click I have to scroll down
again. I'm not sure if it is worth fixing it, maybe small screens like
this one are only outliers.
2) I've seen that the balloon force weight is explained in the wiki,
but maybe it is clearer if you also put explicitly the value of the
corresponding parameters in the demo.
3) I found some typos:
*ballon->balloon
*maximun->maximum
4) One silly thing to improve visualization could be to generate an
animated gif. You can generate it with the command line tool
'convert' from imagemagick from a set of images, and most browsers
will show it without problem. This could be an nice extra
visualization.

One question for everyone, shall we allow tools like convert to be
used? They could serve to improve visualization, and I the case of
image magick, its interface has been the same for more than 10 years.
And we could provide a fallback mechanism to quickly remove it in case
of problems. What do you think?