[IPOL discuss] publishing a new demo (abmh_real_time_morphological_snakes_algorithm)

asalgado at dis.ulpgc.es asalgado at dis.ulpgc.es
Mon Aug 15 17:14:21 CEST 2011

Dear Juan,

Quoting Juan Cardelino <juan.cardelino at gmail.com>:

> Hello Agustín,
>                     In the previous version of this demo there was a
> legend explaining each curve, with the colors. Is there any reason to
> drop that?

    The legend is available again in the result page.

> In addition, I have some minor remarks:
> 1) when using this on a netbook (1024x600), I need to scroll down to
> mark the first point because the image doesn't fit in the screen.
> That's not a problem, but when I mark the second, the page reloads and
> I need to scroll down again. So for each click I have to scroll down
> again. I'm not sure if it is worth fixing it, maybe small screens like
> this one are only outliers.

    I did not notice of this problem because my display resolution is
(1280x800). I modified the scroll bar position when you insert the
second point. I think the problem is solved. The buttons located above
of the image are necessary to show them.

> 2) I've seen that the balloon force weight is explained in the wiki,
> but maybe it is clearer if you also put explicitly the value of the
> corresponding parameters in the demo.

   I wrote the value in the label of each parameter. Was it what you wanted?

> 3) I found some typos:
> *ballon->balloon
> *maximun->maximum

   These mistakes will be fixed by the publication authors.

> 4) One silly thing to improve visualization could be to generate an
> animated gif. You can generate it with the command line tool
> 'convert' from imagemagick from a set of images, and most browsers
> will show it without problem. This could be an nice extra
> visualization.

   I am not sure what you mean. You propose that animated gif contains
colored curves and shows them from time to time.

   Juan thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,

   Agustín