[IPOL discuss] citations in IPOL articles

Daniel Kondermann daniel.kondermann at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jan 28 16:52:53 CET 2011

From my point of view it would most certainly be the best way to simply
use bibtex-style references and a cite-tag in the markup.

Things brings us back to the question about the requirements and choice
of a content managament system.

I am currently trying to find a sustainable way to develop the
web-interface. As I understood up to now, there are basically three
"systems"

Demo Frontend (HTML+Ajax, Java, ...?)
Demo Backend (Python-based code)
Article CMS (IkiWiki)

I suggest to leave the Demo part as it is right now and would like to
discuss the choice for content management.
Therefore, I would ask you to comment on the requirements first in order
to try to make a "bias-free" decision in terms of prior knowledge how to
use the system. Next step would be to "bias" these results by looking at
who knows how much about each system and would dare to take some
responsibility there.

Can somebody reiterate the list of possible system choices and the one
containing the long-term requirements?

Best,
Daniel