[IPOL discuss] man git-init: introduction à git

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sat Jun 18 15:08:24 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'll be in Cachan from June 26th to July 9th, and I intend to organize
a half-day session on git. I think it can be useful for IPOL editors,
to hamdle our common demo code and provide their own code on the dev
server.

Besides this IPOL usefulness, I think git is a superior source control
management tool any developper would benefit from using. And it is
quite different from the "traditional" ones (cvs, svn, ...) so an
introduction can help start using it.

This event is not restricted to IPOL editors, everyone is welcome. We
will do it in Cachan.

Please answer this poll to choose the best day:
-> http://www.doodle.com/cqsm3nchiyd9hfq3
And this other one, to choose the language to be used (some of the
proposed options are not very serious...):
-> http://www.doodle.com/w23ar3adrzfi8uzx

All the best,

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/