[IPOL discuss] IPOL development server [system upgrade on some IPOL servers]

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Mar 29 10:50:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,

> Some other (brief) interruptions are expected for demotest, probably
> tonight. This operation is simpler than the previous one, the probably
> to go wrong once again is much lower :)

demotest has been upgraded to Debian "Squeeze" 6.0. We can now start
using it as our public development machine.

The real machine name is `fuchsia`, its full name is `fuchsia.hw.ipol.im`
and the public web services will gradually be available as
http://dev.ipol.im/. It is a virtual (Xen) machine hosted in the ENS
server room, sharing some ressources with the "old" demo server
(http://mw.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/megawave/demo/...)

This server and the associated services are documented in the IPOL
wiki: http://tools.ipol.im/wiki/editor/development_server/.

The http://demotest.ipol.im/ will gradually disappear and be
transferred to http://dev.ipol.im/. I will publish the demo source
code (and all my other pieces of code used in IPOL) there as a git
repository instead of the current daily archives. I also encourage you
to use this server to collaborate on source code instead of exchanging
files and archives.

Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/