[IPOL discuss] meeting notes

Miguel Colom Miguel.Colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu May 19 22:24:05 CEST 2011

> # graph output
> ##############
>
> We agree that many demos will probably need to display some graph data
> (line graphs, histograms, ...). To make it easy, the programs should
> produce the numeric data in a well-defined format (probably similar to
> csv files), and we will have a few simple functions in the demo system
> to transform these data files into a graph image. Miguel will propose
> the data file format and the graphing functions to be added to the
> demo library.

Just a little remark: we aren't going to force authors to use an specific
format for the data they produce.

We'll suggest using our standard format, but we intend to split very
clearly the functional part of the system (the algorithm executables) from
presentation issues.

So, if the algorithm output doesn't match our format, it should be the
python demo code the one that does the conversion.
Of course, if the executable produces its output with exactly the format
we expect, then it makes things easier.

Best,
Miguel