[IPOL discuss] Corrections of erratas in IPOL articles

Jean-Michel Morel morel at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Nov 21 18:42:00 CET 2011

Dear all,

Several recent occurrences indicate the convenience of correcting errata
or making minor amendments in IPOL papers, code, archive and online demo.

Thus, I submit to you the following rules:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
-IPOL web page settings for articles, demo and archive can be modified
by the editorial board;

-items of the public archive of each article can be removed by the
editorial board (reasons: size, inadequate content, user requests);

-demo changes by the authors or editors concerning the presentation of
results, the parameter ranges, etc. which do not change the code are
authorized. Nevertheless, since they may alter the meaning of the
article, they should be approved by a competent editor and by all
authors of the article.

-Code corrections can be authorized, if the necessity or utility of the
changes is explained, and provided the  code continues doing exactly
what the article says it does. Such corrections must therefore be
approved by editor, or editor+referee (and by all authors).

-the article itself can also be corrected provided the corrections are
approved by editor, or editor+referee (and by all authors).

For each article or code correction, identifiable "Errata" paragraphs
should be inserted or appended in  the article or code and in its
"readme",  giving the exact correction (text before text after), its
date, and by whom it was approved.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please, let me know if you see any serious inconvenience in these rules.
Thank you for any correction for this text too.

Best,
Jean-Michel