[IPOL discuss] Software Guidelines, 3rd draft and path to adoption

Mauricio Delbracio mdelbra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:39:58 CET 2011

Hello,

very nice and useful work. I have one small comment regarding the file formats.

> The main change from the 2nd draft is that, as a clarification
> suggested by Rafael, the programs MUST be able to read or write in one
> of the PNG, TIFF, EPS, SVG, VRML, PLY pormats. If your program needs
> another file format or if you think other (widely used, well defined
> and useful) formats should be allowed, it is time to tell me. Adding
> them to this list after the adoption of the guidelines will require a
> revision.

In my particular case I work with ASCII Text output (I write a small
table of float points numbers in ASCII format) and PGM 8/16 bits. PGM
because it's simple and can handle images of 16 bits in a standard
way.

A definition of PGM 8/16 bits file format is in
http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html