[IPOL discuss] Software Guidelines, 3rd draft and path to adoption

eml ellopis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:52:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I agree with Mauricio in accepting programs that can only read PPM or
PGM formats (and even PFM).  This is the easiest way to write a
program that does not depend on any external libraries, not even
libpng, yet provides almost all the required flexibility.

Since adding formats to this list makes the requirements weaker,
nobody will be harmed by enlarging this list, so the revisions needed
to enlarge this list could pass silently in the future.

e.